Welcome to the Goethe Society Wellington
The Official Hub for All Things German in Aotearoa New Zealand’s Capital Region
The Goethe Society Wellington is an eclectic group of individuals whose aim is to promote the German language and foster interest in German culture. We offer a wide-ranging programme of events. We have the Goethe Society Choir, which sings in a variety of genres, and we hold a raft of lectures, concerts, workshops, and films. These events involve plenty of discussion in both German and English. And there is always a good supper to be had.
We have a strong link to the German Department at the School of Languages and Cultures at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington, and we encourage students to participate in our events. We run a yearly German Language Competition for high school students throughout the greater Wellington region. In addition, we work closely with the Goethe-Institut of New Zealand as well as the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany here in Wellington.
- Jacqui Bisley, President
- Caleb Olsen, Secretary
- Helen McAra, Treasurer
- Christiane Ker, Choirmaster
- Dr Richard Millington, VUW Representative
- Conner Schuller, Student Representative
- Lara Vautier, Secondary School Representative
- Sara Rathburn, Student Musical Initiatives Rep.
- Lola Heubeck, Social Media Representative
- Daniel Jason Wagner, Webmaster